The Verbois dam, the principal hydroelectric structure on the Rhône in Geneva.
The Verbois dam was inaugurated in 1944 and is the principal hydroelectric structure on the Rhône in Geneva. It is the largest source of electrical energy production for the canton of Geneva.
The flow of the Rhône allows Verbois to produce an average of 466 GWh per year, i.e. 15% of consumption of the canton of Geneva.
A fish-pass enables different species of fish to cross the dam and the storage reservoir is a very much appreciated winter refuge for migratory birds.
Adult price: 0 CHF
• Booking required on: http://www.sig-ge.ch/visites
• Free visit
• Group: 10 minimum - 20 maximum
• Recommended age: from age 10
• Days open: Monday to Friday
• Length: 1½ hours
• Languages: French, English