A real avant-garde masterpiece, La Clarté is classed to be a historic monument.
Le Corbusier is the Swiss architect of the building situated on Rue St Laurent. In 1932, Le Corbusier and a Genevan metal-smith industrialist built La Clarté, a structure comprising a steel frame, glass and slabs. Light shows through glass bricks. The construction material is both rigid and fragile. La Clarté is also called the ‘House of Glass’.