The Molard Tower
The Molard Tower is the embodiment of a protective force keeping watch over old Geneva’s harbour.
The walls of this remnant of Geneva’s trading past are witness to the great moments of its history.
What is today Place Molard, was for many centuries a port open to the lake. Originally built for military purposes, the tower with the same name was part of the enclosure which surrounded the city and protected the port. With its current form a reconstruction of how it was in 1591, the tower was ornated with friezes and coats of arms of major personalities from the Reformation as well as an engraved plaque honouring ‘Geneva, city of refuge’.