Open
Search Geneva

Ile Rousseau

The philosopher's island.

Today, this old stronghold of the city is an island endowed with greenery and space to relax.

What is today the romantic Rousseau Island has had a turbulent past. At the end of the 16th century it served as a stronghold for the city. In 1628, it was transformed into a shipyard. Then in 1832, during the construction of the Pont des Bergues bridge which formed a walkway to the island, it was named after the philosopher and writer Jean-Jacques Rousseau. Now a public garden, it is the perfect place for a short break!

Contact

Open map
Address
Île Rousseau - 1204 Genève
Île Rousseau