Open
Search Geneva

Le Corbusier Building : La Clarté

The La Clarté building is one of the more surprising projects of Swiss architect Le Corbusier.

A real avant-garde masterpiece, La Clarté is classed to be a historic monument.

Le Corbusier is the Swiss architect of the building situated on Rue St Laurent. In 1932, Le Corbusier and a Genevan metal-smith industrialist built La Clarté, a structure comprising a steel frame, glass and slabs. Light shows through glass bricks. The construction material is both rigid and fragile. La Clarté is also called the ‘House of Glass’.

Contact

Open map
Address
Le Corbusier et son immeuble « La Clarté » - 1207 Genève
Rue Adrien-Lachenal 5