Open
Search Geneva

BFM - Bâtiment des Forces Motrices

Description

Historic building listed in 1988.

The old hydroelectric power station on the Rhône was built between 1883 and 1892 by the architect and engineer Théodore Turrettini. The power station delivered water from the Rhône and the lake for the city’s fountains, households and factories by means of 18 turbine groups, until its closure in 1963. The building was classified as a protected historic monument in 1988 and – after three years of refurbishment – converted into a theatre in 1997.

Contact

Open map
Address
BFM - Bâtiment des Forces Motrices
Place des Volontaires 2 - 1204 Genève
Email: info@bfm.ch
Telephone: +41 22 322 12 20
Directions
Lines: 1, 4, 14, 15, D, stop Stand
icon-about armchair icon-arrow-down icon-arrow-down-thick icon-arrow-left icon-arrow-right icon-at icon-balloon icon-bar icon-bed icon-binoculars bus icon-calender icon-camera icon-checkmark icon-chef-hat icon-coin-stack icon-convention icon-cross icon-cross icon-cutlery icon-disabled drink icon-envelope-square facebook facebook icon-gift-box google+ google+ icon-home icon-human info instagram instagram linkedin icon-loop icon-map-pin icon-media icon-michelin icon-minus-square icon-parking icon-phone-receiver pinterest pinterest plain play icon-plus-square icon-restaurant icon-security-lock icon-share-square ship icon-star stoppwatch icon-terrace icon-thumbs-up train marker travel trade twitter icon-twitter-comment icon-twitter-like icon-twitter-retweet twitter icon-view wechat wechat weibo weibo icon-whatsapp-square icon-wifi wifi youtube youtube

Conference rooms

Photos Surface area Theatre Classroom Banquet Cocktail Boardroom U-shape
Salle de Spectacle Théodore Turrettini 1000 m2 1032 0 0 0 0 0
Foyer 1000 m2 0 0 500 1000 0 0