Château de Voltaire
The famous philosopher at home
Near the Swiss border, the Château de Voltaire, built from 1758 to 1766, will host for 20 years one of the most illustrious philosophers of the Age of Enlightenment. It is for this reason that the house is classified as a historical monument.
Jan › Mar: 10am › 5pm
Apr › Sept: 10am › 6pm
Oct › Dec: 10am › 5pm
Jan 1st, May 1st, Nov 1st &
11th, Dec 25th: Closed
- 8 CHF
- Geneva City Pass discount
- 0 CHF
• ID necessary to cross the French border.
Following the government announcements made by the President of the French Republic on 12 July 2021, please note that from 21 July 2021, access to the Château de Ferney Voltaire will be subject to the possession of a Health Pass.
Everyone will therefore be required to show their Health Pass at the entrance, which can be either:
• a Vaccination certificate, provided that the vaccination schedule has been completed, i.e.:
- 2 weeks have passed after the 2nd jab for double-jab vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca),
- 4 weeks have passed after the jab for single-jab vaccines (Johnson & Johnson),
- 2 weeks have passed after the jab for vaccines aimed at people who have contracted Covid (1 single injection).
• Proof of a negative RT-PCR/antigen test taken less than 48 hours previously
• A positive result of a RT-PCR test or of an antibody test certifying recovery from Covid-19, dating back 11 days minimum and 6 months maximum
• No Health Pass is required for children under 12. It is also not required for 12-17 year olds until 30 August.
French and english
FreeGeneva City Pass