The situation in Geneva
Explore and discover Geneva despite Covid-19
In these times of crisis, Geneva is quieter than usual, events have been cancelled and several facilities are closed.
However, there is still plenty to do! For example, as spring inches closer, you can discover the city on foot and why not have a quick dip in the lake like many Genevans do? Also, the good news is that museums, shops and the terraces ar now open.
During your visit, we advise you to check the website of the various events and facilities to ensure that they are open and running.
Keep safe and remember to respect the FOPH’s health rules.
In Geneva, the following health measures apply from 31 May 2021
- Museums, shops, outdoor sporting and leisure facilities and zoos are now open with social distancing in place.
- Restaurants are now open, both indoors and outdoors with social distancing in place.
- Wellness centres and thermal baths are reopening.
- Masks must be worn on all public transport as well as in all indoor areas and in heavily frequented pedestrian areas. In general, masks must be worn when minimum social distancing cannot be guaranteed.
- Private meetings are allowed up to a maximum of 30 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
- Public events are allowed up to 100 spectators indoors and 300 outdoors.
- Quarantine is waived for vaccinated travelers.
- Clubs and dance halls are still closed and large events are still prohibited.
Visit Federal Office of Public Health
If you have any questions, our Traveller office is available at any time by e-mail email@example.com and telephone: +41 (0) 22 909 70 00.
Stay informed and let yourself be inspired by our social networks and subscribe to our newsletter.
We look forward to welcoming you to Geneva!
Mais para descobrir …
As mais belas vistas de Genebra
Genebra. A pequena pérola citadina às portas das montanhas oferece paisagens de tirar o fôlego!
Genebra é o lar de museus únicos no mundo que irão deliciar os amantes de descobertas.
Shopping Experience Package
Imagine your own personal shopping spree at the world famous Rue du Rhône with more than 50 boutiques selling watches and as many brand-name stores. Close by, you will find designs from all the great fashion icons. Come Sunday, you will have the choice between Geneva’s cultural, sports’ or gastronomic outings.