The impressive sculpture symbolises the unification of Geneva with Switzerland in 1814.
Two women in bronze attire represent the reunification of Geneva with Switzerland.
The National Monument is located in the Jardin Anglais, facing the lake. This tourist hotspot was inaugurated in 1869. With this work, the sculptor Robert Dorer symbolised Geneva’s integration into the Swiss Confederation on 12 September 1814 with two women each carrying a sword and shield, the Republic of Geneva and Helvetia. Proudly perched on their pedestal, both look north in the direction of the rest of Switzerland.
Monument national - 1204 GenèveJardin anglais