The mission of the Fondation Genève Tourisme & Congrès (FGT&C) is to :
promote and sell Geneva as a leisure and business tourism destination
provide tourist reception, information and assistance
Geneva is taking action for sustainable tourism
As a member of the Global Destination Sustainability Index, the Geneva Tourism & Conventions Foundation has been committed to sustainability for several years. In line with the Sustainable Development Goals adopted by the United Nations, in 2020 it approved a new strategy for the development of sustainable urban tourism in order to respond to current social, environmental and economic challenges.
Geneva is on its way to sustainable tourism!
The Geneva Tourism & Conventions Foundation is pleased and proud to join the Swisstainable Level II program, which validates its commitment to sustainability within the destination. All the teams are united on the road to sustainable tourism!
- October: L’adoption du budget 2021, revu à la baisse en raison d’une baisse drastique des
recettes de Genève Tourisme, implique une adaptation de l’organisation
- July: Genève Tourisme renforce son dispositif de promotion et d'accueil, en soutien aux partenaires de la destination
- May: Genève offre des moments privilégiés aux touristes suisses cet été
- February: La culture, atout fédérateur de la destination Genève !
- March : Animation estivale 2019 : le feu d’artifice est confirmé (FR)
- February : New overnight stay record is set: 2018 marks stellar year for tourism in Geneva
- January : Geneva Tourism welcomes its new President and CEO
- October : A new Director for the Geneva Tourism & Conventions Foundation
- June : Genève Tourisme confirme: le Feu d’artifice sera aussi impressionnant que les années précédentes
- March: In 2017, Geneva beats its record for overnight stays
- February: Manifestation estivale 2018
- October: Geneva voted "Europe’s Leading City Break Destination 2017" for the third time (FR, DE, ES, RU, CN)
- November: MICE Achievement Award (FR)
- April : Detoxpresidentielle
- March: In the Footsteps of the Reformation (FR, DE)
- February: Fondation Genève Tourisme & Congrès won City Destination of the Year – Switzerland in the 2017 LTG European Awards
- September: Forever young (FR, DE)
- July: Anja Loetscher, Director of the Geneva Convention Bureau, named one of 2016's most influential people in the meetings industry
- May: Geneva’s Grand Gesture of 1000 Free Nights!(FR, DE, ES, CN)
- January: GENEVALIVE (FR, DE)
- February : Genève - premier pas vers un label qualité dans l’accueil du tourisme émetteur chinois
- August : Pretend you're a tourist on the Jeûne genevois public holiday
- September : Geneva rewarded with a second tourism Oscar (FR, DE)
- October : Geneva Tourism Launches the "Geneva Girls' Guide", a Guide Fully Dedicated to Women, Focusing on Girls' Getaways (FR, DE, ES)
- August : Geneva voted Europe’s Leading City Break Destination 2014 (DE)
- May: Genève Tourisme inaugure un nouvel espace d'accueil à la hauteur des enjeux touristiques actuels
- May: Geneva nominated as Europe's leading leading destination at the World Travel Award
- January: Geneva Tourism & Conventions Foundation has appointed Aviareps as representative in Ukraine and Russia regions
Tourism in Geneva is managed by the Geneva Tourism & Conventions Foundation (FGT&C). This new entity was created following the integration, on 1 January 2013, of the Geneva Tourism & Conventions Association (GT&C) into the Foundation for Tourism.
An executive board of 11 members, mostly representing the sectors active in tourism in Geneva, as well as an advisory board set up by the local authorities, are in charge of ensuring professional corporate governance of the FGT&C. Its tasks include advising the Foundation on the desirable development of tourism policy and assisting it to achieve the objectives set by the law.
The FGT&C manages the proceeds of local taxes and tourism, as defined by the law of the Canton of Geneva. A team of some 50 professionals is in charge of marketing the destination. The FGT&C's missions are to promote Geneva as an active tourist destination for both business and leisure and to welcome and inform visitors.
Geneva Tourism & Conventions Executive BoardChairwoman: Sophie Dubuis, Representative of the retailers
Vice-chairman: Marc-Antoine Nissille, representative of the Geneva Hotel Association
Treasurer, Representative of the Association of Geneva Municipalities: Philippe Schwarm
Representative of the State of Geneva: Jacques Folly
Representatives of the Geneva Hotel Association: Thierry Lavalley and Gilles Rangon
Representative of the Association of Restaurant/Café Owners and Hoteliers of Geneva: Daniel Carugati
Representative of Palexpo: Claude Membrez
Representative of the cultural community: Isabelle Gattiker
Geneva Tourism & Conventions Advisory Board
Chairman: Marc-Antoine Nissille, member of the Board of the Geneva Tourism & Congress Foundation
Representative of the Geneva Retailers’ Association (Rive Droite): Pascal Spuhler
Representative of the Geneva Association of Private Schools (AGEP): Sean Power
Representative of the Association of Museums and Art Centres Geneva (AMCAG): Jacques Berchtold
Representative of the Bains des Paquis (Paquis Baths) Users Association: Philippe Constantin
Representative of the Geneva Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIG): Vincent Subilia
Representative of the Lake Geneva Steamship Company (CGN SA):Jean-Marc Mermoud
Representative of the Coordination Committee for Welcoming & Assisting Youth (CAR): Vafa Kaby
Representative of the Groupement Professionnel des Restaurateurs et Hôteliers (GPRH): Maria Helena Rigotti
Representative of the Geneva Federation of Retail (FCG): Michel Forestier
Representative of OPAGE: Denis Beausoleil
Representative of the Association of Geneva Hoteliers: Jean-Vital Domezon
Representative of UNIRESO: Rémy Burri
Supporter of Geneva
GENEVA is a destination brand with dynamic values geared towards digital devices.
Like many world-renowned cities, this identity fits within Geneva Tourism's positioning, which aims to showcase the diversity and quality of the activities the destination has to offer, with the aim of increasing its tourism potential. The use of the city's English name, "GENEVA", emphasises the international nature of the destination and reflects just how recognisable it is. With customisable variations, the brand becomes a powerful promotional tool that can be tailored to new uses, whilst accentuating its original values – lively, elegant, premium and multifaceted – in order to bring it to life and enrich it.
Become a supporter of GENEVA! Simply download the files below to take part in the GENEVA adventure.
IMPORTANT: by downloading the "Supporter of GENEVA" files, you undertake to fully comply with the graphic charter.
Files for print use
Files for digital use
Discover our vacancies or send us your application with your motivation letter, CV with a photo, copies of certificates and references.
Geneva Tourism & Conventions Foundation is affiliated with various tourist associations and federations. It actively promotes the development of synergies, the exchange of ideas and the sharing of skills and experiences.